Bill R Weber
CYBER SECURITY EXECUTIVE
Chief Information Security Officer with DoD Top Secret clearance, committed to enhancing business strategy and value proposition through security investments. Skilled in translating security into revenue and reducing financial loss, while integrating continuous process improvement to ensure alignment with enterprise goals.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Security Systems Management
- NIST Risk Management Framework
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Strategic Planning & Execution
- Relationship Building & Management
- Technical Leadership & Development
- Budgetary & Fiscal Management
- Risk Assessment Analysis
- Security Operations Management
CISO / Cyber Security Sector Manager
MIT (Lincoln Laboratory), Lexington, MA
2018 to 2020
Transform security into business enabler by integrating technical solutions to maintain defense and reduce risk. Oversee and maintain internal cyber security policies and procedures, ensuring secure environment across systems while managing $10M+ budget and 30+ FTE. Re-evaluate tools and restructure processes to drive cyber resilience and readiness. Establish strong internal security-centric culture and proactive compliance across enterprise and ecosystem of partners. Create and implement professional development and security education programs, integrating best practices and security foundation knowledge.
- Decreased spending by 15% by rationalizing and prioritizing solution portfolio.
- Developed and implemented five-year strategy, enhancing internal workflow and introducing coalitions to connect administrative and research teams.
- Enhanced security framework by creating and integrating Classified and Unclassified Security Operations Center and multiple programs.
CISO / Principal Security Strategist
eSentire, Ontario, Canada
2016 to 2018
Oversaw portfolio of advisory services, to include evaluating client security and developing plans and programs to ensure compliance and increased protection against cyber security threats. Developed strong relationships with executives to create healthy security posture and ingrain security principles into business model and mission. Established framework enabling clients to review and implement incident response, audit support, and risk management plans.
- Redesigned and rebuilt enterprise cyber security services portfolio.
- Drove business value expanding customer base and improving closure and retention rates.
- Demonstrated compliance expertise in FinTech and Legal industries.
CISO / Enterprise Architect
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (EDS), Plano, TX
2003 to 2016
Served as virtual Chief Information Security Officer and Enterprise Architect, developing architecture and solutions to drive security integration and enhance client success across industries. Collaborated and partnered with multiple organizations to establish security programs and services. Acted as key contact for government cloud service proposals, including US Navy and US Department of Homeland Security. Played critical role managing end-to-end proposal projects, to include $6B Department of Homeland Security proposal.
Consultant / Microsoft, Redmond, WA / 1999 to 2003
Manager / Winchester Hospital, Winchester, MA / 1998 to 1999
Sr. Consultant / NEMC (Tufts Medical Center), Boston, MA / 1996 to 1998
Sr. Consultant / Saint Mary’s Hospital, Grand Rapids, MI / 1993 to 1996
University of Texas (Dallas)
MS, Information Technology (Security)
BS, Computer Information Systems
(ISC)2 CISSP ID 29867
ISACA CISM ID 1014442
ISACA CRISC ID 1004569
Microsoft MSCE / MCITP ID 1793697
AWS CCP ID AWS01783372
NIST RMF, NIST SP800-171, and NIST SP800-53, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GDPR, Cloud Computing, Virtualization / Containerization, SOC Management, Threat / Vulnerability Management, AWS